Transport in Ahmedabad
Public Transport Services in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad has various kinds of transport services that keep the city connected from one part to another. There are rickshaws, buses, as well as taxis that are used in the city. There are private buses as well as buses run by the state transport department.
One of the major components of the Public transport in Ahmedabad is the Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) Corridor which has ensured rapid movement of the people from one place to another as well as provisions of bus services at a higher frequency. This was a brain child of the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation and the Gujarat State Government. The 50 buses under its fleet are under the Ahmedabad Municipal Transport Service (AMTS), which also runs Public bus services which are not a part of the BRTS.
Bus Services in AhmedabadAhmedabad is well connected by bus services within its territory as well as to all over the country. The bus services provided by the BRTS and the AMTS are a part of the state transport service that runs to different parts of the city.
The Buses and their RoutesThe BRTS corridor has been a revelation for the citizens of Ahmedabad as it already operates on 12 routes and almost 10 more are under construction. The routes on which it currently operates on are:
- RTO Circle – Danilimda – Kankaria Lake
- Kankaria Lake – Maninagar Railway station – Kankaria Telephone exchange (Circular)
- Dani Limbda – Narol
- Narol – Naroda ST Workshop
- Bhavsar Hotel – Delhi Darwaza
- Shivranjani – Iskcon
- Ajit Mill – Soni ni chali cross road – Odhav
- RTO Circle – Sabarmati – Visat Junction
- Sola Cross road – Sola Bridge
- Delhi Darwaza – Kalupur – Aastodia Darwaza – Sarangpur – Ellisbridge
- ISCKON – Bopal
- Visat Junction – Chandkheda
The G-Auto service has recently been started in Ahmedabad. It works on the concept of Any Time Rickshaw (ATR) service, through which it provides auto-rickshaws right at your door step, round the clock. The service is meant especially for women, children, senior citizens, handicaps and tourists.
To Avail the Service:
- Dial: 927 444 444 or
- Visit website: www.g-auto.org or
- Download 'G-Auto' android app in your phone
Features of ATR service:
- Booking available through call center, website (www.g-auto.org), 'G-Auto' android app.
- 24 hour service is available at the number 927 444 4444
- Well-maintained Autos driven by suitably trained drivers (also called as G-pilots)
- Receipt is provided by G-Pilots
- Number for complaints and suggestion displays on G-Auto
- Fare is charged as per the meter reading with additional charges for extra facility
Transporters in Ahmedabad
Packing, moving, or just travel, transporters are needed for fulfilling any of these purposes. A list of transporters in the city of Ahmedabad may ease your search for a transporter;
Road Transport Office in AhmedabadHaving to get a license made is not an easy job. But the RTO officials are meant to simplify this purpose of yours. The RTO office is in operation from Monday to Saturday from 10:30 AM to 6 PM.
RTO Office, Ahmedabad, Near Subhash Bridge Circle, Gandhi Ashram Circle, Subhash Bridge,
Phone: 079 – 27559695 / 96 / 97