Nal Sarovar Bird Sanctuary Ahmedabad
Overview of Nalsarovar Bird Sanctuary
Lakes in Nalsarovar Bird Sanctuary
Birds in Nalsarovar Bird SanctuaryNal Sarovar Sanctuary is a spectacular place where the visitors can hear the chirping, fluttering sounds of thousands of species in birds. The birds arrive at the sanctuary during October and start leaving the lakes by April. The population of birds will be peak during mid- winter season. Among many of the species, the following are the popular varieties of birds and other animals:
- Winter Migrating birds namely Rosy Pelicans, white Storks, Brahminy Ducks, Herons, Flamingos, Grey lag Geese, Spoon Bill, Glossy Ibis, Coots, Cranes, Dalmatian pelicans
- Other variety of birds includes darters, storks, cormorants, jacanas, moorhens, grebes and ducks.
- Animals like wild ass and black buck.
Sight Seeing Nalsarovar Bird SanctuaryBesides the sanctuary lake and birds, the persons who visit Sanctuary has the following avenues of sight-seeing:
- Shrines belonging to Goddess Hinglaj and Bhurekha, situated in the middle of the lake.
- Angling and fishing
- Horse riding around the lake
- Folk dance performing by padhars and bharwards group and boating.
- Provides pure drinking water from Reverse osmosis plant.
- Records the rare species of birds that visit Nal Sarovar Areas.
- Exhibits the place of origin of birds migrated, distance travelled by them and also the wild life .
Best Time to visit Nalsarovar Bird Sanctuary
Sun rise is the best time to visit sanctuary as variety of rare birds can be seen during this time. Moreover, visiting the lake during full moon season provides immense pleasure to mind of visitors with its exotic looks. The best season to visit the sanctuary is nothing other than winter season and the place seems to be busy during weekends and holidays.
Address: Digvijaygadh, Gujarat 382170
To summarize, the bird sanctuary not only offers an opportunity to refresh mind and soul; but also imbibes nature’s wonders to rejuvenate mechanical mind and body.