Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation
Establishment, Vision and Services of AMC
Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation came into existence in 1950 and since then it has been taking up various responsibilities that work for the welfare of its people. The vision of the corporation is to create a clean, environmental, friendly, harmonious, vibrant, sustainable, livable and productive city that has a responsible local government that offers its citizens a better and advanced quality of life compared to other cities and states in the country. There are certain discretionary as well as obligatory services procured by the municipal corporation of Ahmedabad.
Obligatory Services of AMC
- Cleansing, scavenging and watering public places and streets.
- Defining of city limits by erecting proper boundaries.
- Drainage, fire, sewage, medical and health, street lighting services.
- Maintenance of open spaces, monuments, funeral homes and burial houses.
- Identification of houses and streets.
- Abatement of dangerous practices and regulation of trades.
- Construction of public markets, slaughter houses and cattle pounds.
- Water supply, hygiene and educational services.
- Checking and preventing dangerous diseases.
- Removal of dangerous places and buildings.
Discretionary Services of AMC
- Tree plantation.
- Maintenance and construction of infant houses, maternity homes, central laboratories, gardens, public parks, swimming pools, theatres and staff quarters.
- Holding exhibitions.
- Destruction of birds and animals that cause nuisance.
- Providing shelter and poor relief
The Corporation Fetching Business Opportunities
The procurement notices and the tenders that are floated by the corporation from time to time serve as great business opportunities for people who deal in particular businesses. There are a lot of bids that come from businessmen against the tenders but it is important to prepare the proposals very carefully in order to fetch good success in getting the bids. The content of the bid has to be taken special care of because it is the content that is often ignored making the bids stale and dry. Compliance factors are also important to be kept in mind before bidding because the specifications of the project and even some of the minor facts have to be very clear so that the bid can be won without any kind of confusion.
Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Administration
- First of all, there is an IAS officer who is appointed as the commissioner of the municipal and the appointment is done by the Gujarat government.
- There are five zones in which the city has been divided namely south, north, new west, west and east. Among these five zones the zone named new west has been recently added in 2006.
- There are nine wards in every zone and there are three corporators representing each zone.
- The corporators who work as representatives of the zone are selected by way of elections within the administrative structure of the municipal corporation.
- The mayor possesses maximum corporators and is considered as the head.
- An election is important to be held in order to carry out the administration of the corporation and it is only after the elections that organizational structure of the corporation is settled up with.
Organizational Structure of AMC
- State government makes the organizational structure of the municipal corporation of Ahmedabad.
- The top positions of the organizational structure are the Mayor and the municipal commissioner who also head the administrational structure.
- Assistant MC’s and the DYMC’s rank below the commissioner of the municipal within the administration.
- Other officers and the secretary are the people who come under the Mayor within the administration.
- All these officers together comprise the organizational structure and the administrational structure of the municipal corporation of Ahmedabad.
Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Tax
Property Tax by AMC
Vehicle Tax by AMC
Professional Tax by AMC
Contact Details of AMC:
Mahanagar Seva Sadan
Sardar Patel Bhavan
Pin Code - 380001
Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation
Monday to Saturday: 11am to 6pm