Ahmedabad Metro Rail
Metrolink Express for Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad (MEGA) is the project that has been proposed by the Gujarat State Government. The proposed transit rail system would facilitate many people between Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad without any hurdles. Apart from that, this metro also connects eastern as well as western part of Ahmedabad International Airport and Ahmedabad city too.
Ahmedabad Metro Project
Gandhinagar metro rail project in Ahmedabad has been mainly endorsed with the objective to reduce overcrowding on the roads and road transports as well. This project has been expected to endorse the integration with BRTS, AMTS, Railways and other modes of public transport system.
Trade and commerce alone is not going to be the landmark for the city, but also the project MEGA for the entire country. MEGA has assured to deliver the most possible cost effective metro rail system within a very shortest span of time. It has also committed to deliver the smooth transit, continuous service, and many more.
Objective of Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project
- Great connectivity
- Minimum land accession
- Fast, safe, and eco-friendly transportation services
- World class infrastructure
- Cost efficient
- Quick implementation
- Less construction cost
Advantages of the Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project
- The responsive Government of the State and progressive leadership.
- Estimated stations is about 53.
- Use of state of the art technology.
- Moderately flat terrain.
- The size of every car is around 3.6m wide with 4 -doors on each side.
- Completely elevated track.
- Maximum Axle load is 18 tons.
- Minimum land acquirement.
Parameters of Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project
- About 83 km length and 19 km for underground section.
- A structure elevated and delivered on single pier on central median.
- Estimated distance between each station is between 1200 and 1500 meters.
- Driverless air-conditioned coaches for higher capacity as well as short headway.
- Innovative CBTC signaling technology
- GPS based rail tracking system.
- Train destination indicators & stations with support infrastructure.
- Automatic fare collection.
- Adequate parking facilities.
- Keeping an eye on safety issues.
- Ballast-less tracks.
- Two mother depot and two light inspection depot.
- Single, double, triple and four track viaducts.
- Easy circulation area.
Employments in Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0