Aadhar Card in Ahmedabad
The Indian Government launched Aadhar Card project so that the lacuna could be fulfilled. This is one project that aims towards the establishment of a unique and exceptional social identity for every citizen who resides in India.
How to Get Aadhar Card in Ahmedabad?
Documents required to apply for Aadhar Card:
Proof of identity and address:
Ration card, driving license, passport and voter card.
Photo identity proofs like government ID and pan card are also permissible.
Proof of address:
Eelectricity, telephone and water bills of last three months.
There are many people who might not be having these identity and address proofs, there is a solution for such people. They can get identity certificates through their photo on the certificates issues by the Tehsildar or the Gazetted officer on a letterhead. This can serve as an identity certificate that is easily acceptable at any of the enrollment centers in Ahmedabad.
Not only the Tehsildar and the Gazetted officer but even the MLA oer the MP can issue the identity certificate as it is considered to be a valid proof of identity and address. If an individual does not hav any valid documents, he can enroll for the Aadhar card on the basis of his family’s entitlement document.
Aadhar Card Centers in Ahmedabad
Here are the contact details of Aadhar Card Centers in Ahmedabad:
Municipal Sub-Zonal Office
Ward of Khokhara City
Pin - 380008
Contact No: 9725479616
Municipal Sub Zonal Office
Close to Chakodiya Mahadev
Pin - 380021
Contact No: 9016569688
Urban Health Center
Nava Vadaj City
Pin - 380013
Customer Care No: 9328811362
AMC - Khadiya
Located in Anjuman Islam High School
Pin - 380001
Contact No: 9724617203
Pin - 382150
Contact No: 8000120906
The Steps followed at the Enrollment Center
- An individual has to go through his or her iris scan; photo and finger prints at the center for enrollment of Aadhar card.
- One person can enroll only once because only one Aadhar card is issued at a given point of time.
- The details of an individual are verified based on the correct information provided by that particular individual and in situations where the application is found to be successful; the Aadhar card number is generated and then mailed to the address of that particular individual.
- The Aadhar card waiting time may vary in various states but the normal waiting time is sixty to ninety days.
- This procedure is further followed by quality checks by the supervisors of the enrollment centers and even the process of correction and consolidation of data packet.
- The data received by the enrollment agency is sent to the UIDAI center where the data goes through different stages of validation and screening. The screening and the validation of data is carried out in order to ensure the authenticity of the data collected.
- The biometric and the demographic data collected from the citizens also goes through quality checks and after that the Aadhar card is generated.
- If there are any errors found in the data, the card is held and further inquiry is set up.
- Corrective measures are taken but if such measures do not serve to be successful then rejection letter is sent to the resident advising him or her to re-enroll.
- The accountability of printing and then delivering the Aadhar cards is entrusted on India post.
- The post takes maximum three to five weeks in printing and delivering the Aadhar cards to the residents of Ahmedabad.